Sunday, April 18, 2010

No, I didn't forget about this thing

Captain's log:

Until school got going, not much had really happened. Intensive period finally ended, then solace faded to boredom.

I finally tried whale, which was delicious. I want to try horse soon.

Sakura kicked in, which was really pretty. Japan has these trees EVERYWHERE, that are barren and ugly for 11 months out of the year, then BAM! April hits and they're exploding with pretty. Because of this, I went on a lot of picnics.

Mayo went off to Tokyo for job training around the 1st. She comes back this coming friday.

Met a lot of the new kids. I like most of them. A couple of the Oxford kids are a little stuck up, but with any luck they'll grow out of it. One dude thinks he's punk, does his hair like Cloud Strife, and basically doesn't interact with us. I talked to him once and found out he suffers from being a dick.

I tried to organize a mountain party, cause we hadn't had one since my birthday, but God goes "no," and it rained. So we all went to an izakaya instead, which was still a lot of fun. I rescheduled the event for this coming friday.

Now for classes, my schedule is:
Mon - Japanese Poetry and Korean Studies
Tues - Japanese Grammar and Japanese Speaking/Listening
Wed - Either Grammar or S/L and Kanji
Thurs - Nothing. It's awesome.
Fri - Japanese Grammar, Japanese Speaking/Listening, and Japanese Human Geography

Poetry seems like it'll be good, LOVE Geog, wish I could have switched out of Korean to Japanese Psychology.

Grammar and Kanji are same old same old, but speaking and listening is atrocious. I've had this teacher before, but never for speaking and listening, and she was already a bad teacher. Now she's abysmal. Terrible examples, I don't even know what we're going over, and quizzes and tests are poorly conducted. /whine

Moving on, I've been trying to schedule my classes at UGA, I've got Intro to New Media, Intro to Korean, and Creative Writing. Not sure what to fill up my last slot with, possibly philosophy, but I can't decide whether to take intro or logic.

And finally, I have to move out of my homestay. My host mother's daughter lives in Holland with her husband, and they're going to have a baby. Since she can't make it back to Japan in time, they're going to her, which means I've got to go. I'll be moving to the dorms in Imazu, and I"m actually really excited about it because I'm tired of living with people.

Anywho, I felt rushed before, now more than ever. I don't have much time left, I need more practice and I have more things to see. These next couple of months will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment