Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crunch Time

Captain's Log:

I have never forgotten about this thing, I'm just lazy/haven't had anything too eventful going on.

It's go time. There's a month and a half left and I'm really feeling the time strain. Went to Shikoku and Naoshima last weekend with Mayo, which was fun, but I missed out on this big Sannomiya trip and my friend's birthday shindig.

Other than that, I go to Ayabe on a field trip next weekend, and finally getting to Hiroshima the weekend after that. My traveling will pretty much be done then, there's a couple of places I plan to go when my parents get here. They arrive the 17th, I move out of my dorm the 18th, I come home the 21st.

I'm in a weird place right now. I keep meeting new people and want to hang out with them, I hardly see a lot of the friends I made first semester, which is kinda sad. I want to stay and hang out and improve my language, but I'm dying to get home and see my friends. It really feels like like forever ago and just yesterday that I arrived, bright eyed and confused. Now I'm used to everything and my confusion is aimed elsewhere. I'm mostly getting heavy doses of anxiety as friendships are strained and my future comes crashing in.

I look forward to coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment