Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The End

Captain's log,

I'm sitting in the airport with 2 hours left in my stay here in Japan. I cannot believe a year has gone by.

I still feel like I just got here, I remember arriving and everything that's happened so vividly (minus alcohol-induced blurriness).

But we're done. I'm going home and I have trouble accepting reality for what it is.

My parents came and helped me get all my crap home, which was nice.

We'll be flying to Seattle, then to Atlanta. I'm not wild about this, but I guess I gotta do whatever to get home. We shall see.

Yoko and I are going to try the long distance thing. I'm not sure how I feel about how well we'll be able to do this. Downside is I told my ex (and best friend here) this, and she now hates me. To the point of cutting off contact. It hurts, but I guess she just has to hate me for a while. Hopefully things will be ok again someday.

I can't wait to see my friends again. I look forward to Warped Tour and my coming home party. I look forward to cheap things, meat, proper cheesecake, and good beer. I'm looking forward to having the freedom of a car again, but I'm not wild about driving again. I haven't done it in a year, and I will be terrified of Georgia traffic. I guess we'll just see how that goes.

Well, it was fun, went by too quick, and the damage has been done. The curtain has fallen, and the actors have taken their bows. Goodbye, Japan, I love you and I'll miss you. You can guarantee I'll be back someday. But when is a question of speculation.

I thank you and apologize at the same time. In the meantime, sayonara.

End Captain's log.

No comments:

Post a Comment