Monday, October 26, 2009

Good Week and Vows

Captain's log,

At the beginning of this week, I finally met with my tennis circle, and they're all a bunch of cool kids. Sadly we can't seem to have frequent meet ups. I was also supposed to go to dinner with them tonight, but it got canceled along with practice. Thanks, rain.

Friday was low key. I got out of class around 12:40, had lunch, dropped off my things and went to Umeda. I had trouble finding a store, so I asked a pretty girl who looked about my age where it was, and she freaking walked me there. I was astounded, because it was the opposite direction in which she was heading too. I love how nice people are here.

After about an hour, Hiromi met up with me. I was expecting more to come around 6, but instead they called and told us to come to Ashiya to meet up with them for dinner. So we did. Afterwards we walked along the river to the ocean, and Hiromi and I made plans for goofing off in Sannomiya later.

Then saturday night was the first of the 3 halloween parties I have. I met up with Rachel beforehand and she did my make up, got food and a small bottle of whiskey and a bottle of coke at a convenience store, and made our way back to the station to meet up with everyone.

We get to shinsaibashi, get into the club, hang out, dance, and the last thing I distinctly remember is getting a drink with Cooper and Drake. My memory picks up at we are about to leave, I'm full of confusion. I get my bag, we go to a restaurant, I realize my expensive, custom made earplugs are missing, I go back into the club to find them to no avail. I go back to the restaurant, Daphne orders something for me, I devour it, put my head down, and wake up when we leave.

The night was then relayed back to me - Apparently I did these things:
- Talked to literally everyone in the club
- Danced at/with/on at least half of the people in the club, discriminating against no one
- Won a costume contest, I have no idea what my prize was cause I apparently lost it
- Danced on stage a whole lot
- Went up on stage to accept a prize that I didn't actually win, but I had the crowd's support, so they gave it to me anyway. (they called the winning number several times before my friends told me to just go up)
- Threw up in a urinal

I also apparently missed a guy dressed as a Chinese communist propose to his girlfriend. So once again I missing a relatively awesome evening. Because of this, I have vowed never to drink Suntory whiskey ever again. Because that's the same whiskey I drank last weekend, and my friends have also had bad experiences.

So, lesson learned. I look forward to next weekend, I've got two halloween parties, a date, and a festival. Updates abound. Provided I don't get lazy.

Oh yea, I bought postcards! I will try to get them written and out to you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. it sounds like you black out a lot, you little drunkard ;) no surprise you won another costume contest-- is your hair still brown? i hope the rest of your halloween is great! miss you!
    loveee, lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only three times, ever. The only time before this was one of Griffey's parties. Usually when I forget what happens, I crash shortly after that, but I was up and around for a while, and don't remember a thing, which is really scary to me. I remember last night though! (And have a massive headache)

    No, my hair's back to red, I washed that stuff out every night when I get home. It's tough to get all of it out though. When I'm feeling less lazy, I'll update on this weekend, which was awesome.

    ReplyDelete