Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Awesome Halloween Accompanied with a Surplus of Bitching

Captain's Log:

A lot has happened since last weekend, where shall I start?

Friday was another BBQ party at Matt's place, which was fun, and we were overloaded with tons of food and liquor, including copious amounts of steak and a $100 cake. Saturday is where the real awesomeness was. We all gather at Sannomiya station, put on/reveal our costumes, then walk to this bar called D-Fence. Tons of people were already in there, and I got an enormous "wtf" look from all the Japanese people for my schoolgirl costume. It was $25 all-you-can-drink for 2 hours. So we got to work. And ultimately we decimated the bar. They had homemade whiskey, which was delicious, and they used quality liquor, which also surprised me.

Once it all ended, everyone either left or went to an izakaya. Hiromi and I wandered off to go home. After a kiss goodbye (w00t!), I get on the train she told me to get on. I'm not entirely sure if I remember switching trains, but I definitely fell asleep at one point and woke up at the stop before mine ....from the opposite direction I normally come from. Yea, I was confused too, but thanks, luck. My guess is that I didn't switch trains when I was supposed to, and ended up getting turned around at a station at the opposite end.

Classes are canceled on monday and tuesday cause we have our school's festival. Which was cool. It was mostly food stands and performers, but it was cool, nonetheless. Some food was awesome (yakitori), and some wasn't (failed excuse for tacos). All in all, it was fun. I worked at my tennis circle's stand for all of sunday, which would have been better if it didn't rain ridiculously hard all day. Nonetheless, the Japanese were a combination of amused and confused as to why this gaijin was advertising a food stand, and I couldn't tell if I attracted more people, or scared them away. I'll never know. It was a fun day, I forgot an umbrella, so I huddled with Hiromi under her's on the way back to the station. Keeping her warm as an exchange for the shelter.

The only reason I went yesterday was because a friend from the other campus came, and some other friends invited me. Later that evening we went bowling for Austin's birthday. Which was fun. Especially when I'd yell something ridiculous and somehow do well.

Today was a study day. Midterms are around the corner and I'm not looking forward to them at all. I studied today because I've got a date with Hiromi in Sannomiya tomorrow, and a party with my tennis circle tomorrow evening. Should be an awesome day though.

I'm getting better at the language, I'm not improving as quickly as I'd like to, but I need to remind myself that I'm a beginner and I'll be here for another 9 and a half months. It's funny, cause whenever you tell the Japanese something cool about yourself (sometimes even something mundane) their eyes will go wide and they will say "heeeeey?" Which got really annoying at first, but I hate to say that I've found myself saying it.

Anywho, I'm getting more and more irritated with my teachers. Actually only one of my teachers. My Japanese classes are taught by 4 different teachers, this one in particular has us for 2 days, the rest have us for only one. All of them can understand English fairly well except for this one. None of us are doing all that well in the classes, but I get pulled aside one day. She wants to talk to me about a section on the hw that I only got two questions right on. I try my best to explain that the example was vague and that I didn't really know what to do, so that made it difficult. Her response is "it's not difficult, everyone else did fine, why didn't you?"

It took every ounce of my willpower to not tear her head off. Good teachers do not say things like this. How is belittling me and comparing me to the rest of the class going to help me, you retard.

To add insult to injury, she said I had an appointment with one of the other teachers so I can learn to "study Japanese properly."

This teacher should not be teaching us. Even the Japanese students hate her. Every now and then one of us will be trying to explain why we don't understand something or we'll be asking a question only to get cut off with "nihongo de!"
We can't, you dumb bitch. Why do you think we're in level 1? You should not be teaching us. At all.

/end bitching

No comments:

Post a Comment