Monday, November 23, 2009

Not as Much Whining as I Thought This Was.

Captain's Log:

Nothing real eventful in the past week or so, this update's mostly obligatory. Last weekend I tried Singaporean food for the first time, met some cool kids, then went and hung out in a bar in Umeda with some friends.

Over the week, we went over our midterms, I barely passed the grammar, did considerably better on the listening, and raped the kanji. We're going over things, and there is a grammar rule that you use when someone does something for you, there's verb+てくれる and verb+てもらう, which literally means "I was given verb" or "I received verb." In examples, a lot of it seemed rather arbitrary. But as we're going over it the midterm, we get it explained to us that whether "に" or "が" determines if it's one or the other. It would have been nice if they explained that to us when we were given the grammar rule, which was nearly a month ago. /whine

This weekend involved going to a bar for a quiet evening with Doori and Taiki, then on saturday trying Korean food for the first time and going to a club in Shinsaibashi.

The club was kind of a blur, this time Rachel got kicked out, so we left early, apparently went to a bar, wandered around a bit, then according to them I wandered off "we looked up and you were gone." I remember coming to on a bench and being confused as to why I was alone.

So I wander my way through Shinsaibashi, taking a random subway back to Umeda. The only thing I'm actually mad about with this experience is that McDonalds fucked up my order and gave me a mcmuffin instead of a mcgriddle. Blood will be spilled. Got home, passed out, spent the rest of the day hating life in hungover wonderfulness.

Today, we have school off. I don't really know of much going on this week, other than that I will be celebrating thanksgiving with my friend Rie in Sannomiya.

I wanted to try and put together a special dinner with the exchange kids, but there just isn't enough time. I would have to order a turkey from amazon, which would easily be around $60+, and then we have the task of finding an oven that it will fit in. Amongst other complications.

Oh well, I demand everyone eat twice as much turkey, stuffing, and gravy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment