Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fairly Tame

Captain's log,

During dinner today, we were watching the news, and the weather came on. I noticed that there were two people giving the weather report. Then I realized it was just the man speaking the entire time, and all the woman did was either agree with him/affirm what he's saying, or provide pointless commentary like "That sure sounds cold!" I found this oddly hilarious.

This weekend involved a birthday and going to Kyoto again.

Drake kinda put planning his birthday on my shoulders, by having me make a facebook event for it... a day and a half ahead of time. So he wanted to go to a club, which sadly would have had a small turnout because there was very little notice and clubs are expensive. So instead, I decide we should go get Mexican food (we were all jonesing for some, and Drake's half Mexican), then go drink. Well only about half of the group wants to drink, so we break into two groups. We were SUPPOSED to go to this one bar in Nishomiya, but the guy I knew who had the info got sick. The only Mexican restaurant we knew of had a staff of two people... using one stove. So food took FOREVER. We ate, got out, and went to go drink, which added further complications. Finally we got alcohol and I could relax, cause I felt bad with how the night was going.

Only to forget to set an alarm to go to Kyoto. We were supposed to meet at Juso at 7:45. So I was gonna get up at 5:45. Instead I wake up at 8:10. Shower, run out the door. Get to Kyoto after a lengthy trainride, take a bus to where I need to go, and walk a good mile or so to Fushimi Inari shrine. Now, I am PRO at being in a hurry. You can ask anyone close to me, I HATE being in a hurry, it causes me to freak out. After all this, despite being over an hour behind them, from my walking fast, I only ended up being half an hour behind my friends and didn't really missing much. Not long after I get there, they want me to do silly things for pictures, but I had just practically run up a mountain, so I'm in no mood. Or condition. I got better after drinking something and lunch.

Other sights we went to were Heian Jingu and this thing called "Light Up" at Kiyomisu Temple. Japan is famous for the fall, when the leaves turn really pretty, vibrant colors. And at night they put spotlights on them. It looked like a huge couples thing.

Nothing all that special for the rest of this week, other than I finally saw Inglourious Basterds. I found out the subtitles were in both English and Japanese, so I jumped on that. It was awesome, and definitely Tarantino's best. One of the things I loved while watching it was watching the Japanese people's reactions to the scenes where people were scalped, or the one where a guy is beaten to death with a baseball bat.

This weekend is (improvised) party, trip to Nara, and another party. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment