Sunday, December 13, 2009

I should probably update more.

Captain's log,

Well, a lot has happened over the past week. Last friday, some of us ventured out to Nishinomiya, and found this kickass, American-sized, but most importantly cheap liquor store. And by cheap I mean a liter of beer for $6.00, and a bottle of 7 year old cuban rum for "$22," but it was rang up at $15, but I wasn't going to say anything. It is a shame Cuban stuff isn't sold in the US, cause that stuff was the best rum I've ever had. We took all of our alcohol and hung out in a park, continuing to make a bad name for gaijin (foreigners).

The next day, I went to Nara, which was cool, the daibutsu was impressively large, and is housed in the largest wooden building in the world. The daibutsu is about 52 feet tall, and is by far not the largest in Japan. Insanity came from the shika deer that roam all over Nara. They are regarded as spiritual messengers in Shinto, so they're allowed to do whatever they want. You can buy senbei to feed them, but if you do, god help you. As soon as my friends bought some, the deer swarmed them. It was hilarious and terrifying.

Later that evening, Cooper, Rika, some friends from my tennis circle, and I went to a bar that my friend John knew the owner of. The place was a little pricey. We started doing shots because they were cheaper than beer. Also they served tacos, which were awesome, cause I was fiending for some.

Tuesday was a Nabe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabemono) party with my friends from my circle, which was fun, but could have been better, here's why.

An example of how Japanese girls can be bitches: I was seeing this one girl, went on a few fairly successful dates, and things were going well. But on friday I helped her make a facebook, she asks what the relationship slot was, I go "do you have a boyfriend?" she says no, and continues filling it out. Now, Christmas Eve is Valentine's Day for the Japanese, so I thought "hey, this might be a good idea," and I ask "Hey, what are you doing on the 24th?" Only to get "I see my boyfriend that day." Words cannot describe my confusion. Upside is I pretty much decided I wasn't that into her.

Anywho, bitching aside, the rest of the week went smoothly. This past friday was this big party for the exchange kids, which was fun, met a whole lot of people, and then we went to Shinsaibashi to go to a club. Sadly, I was put in charge of directing the 30-odd people who were coming, and I think I got sober from the yelling. Eventually I gave up on them and decided I wasn't going to let them ruin my evening.

The club was fun, we went to a place called Onzi-eme, had plenty of people, ok music, and overall wasn't bad. I couldn't get drunk though, meaning I couldn't dance. So I went through a lot of dancing partners. Thankfully Austin is awesome and in his drunken ridiculousness got us some girls to dance with, I ended up dancing with one who didn't even come up to my collar bones. She was so tiny.

Shortly after this, we find out some of our friends were kicked out for stealing liquor bottles from the bar, so we left. I got home around 6:30 in the morning.

Yesterday, we went BACK to Shinsaibashi for this all-you-can-eat pizza place, which wasn't bad. It was a nice change of things. Their chicken nuggets tasted EXACTLY like Chik-fil-a's. It was awesome and terrifying.

It's 10 days till Secret Santa, I'm excited. I've got 4 more parties this month. 3 Christmas, and 1 Costume. I need to borrow another schoolgirl outfit...

No comments:

Post a Comment