Saturday, September 19, 2009

Best Day Ever

Captain's log:

Yesterday was amazing. Started off with a trip to Himeji Castle, which was epic as hell, then we went to Koko-en Gardens, which were pretty as hell. We ate lunch at a restaurant that was on the top floor of some shops, where I bought the first of the stereotypical souvenirs that I was - a set of chopsticks. After that we went to the longest suspension bridge in the world, which was epic. You couldn't see the end of it. The bus rides were fun, and had some awesome conversation with well, everyone at once.

However, the best part was afterwards. One of the Canadian exchange students, Matt, invited us to a BBQ at his host family's place. IT WAS EPIC. His host-family's loaded. So we get there, there's a cooler full of beer (Guinness too!), bottles of Grand Mariner, Cointreau, and various other liquers. Then, more importantly, MEAT. Tons and tons of sweet, delicious meat. Steak cooked to medium-rare perfectness, smaller bits of beef, yakitori, sausage, CLAM FREAKING CHOWDER, there was also garlic bread, kimchi rice, and various other delectables. They also surprised me by having Blair's After Death sauce, which isn't as powerful as my Ultra Death Sauce (which I brought here), it was still pretty hot, but really tasty. It was the best meal I've had since I've been here, knocked out my meat cravings for a while, too. It was simply amazing. We told Matt that he won. When he asked what he won, I told him "everything, just just win."
After dinner we played Mario Tennis, Mario Kart 64, and Smash Bros (classic, of course).

From the conversations on the bus and at dinner, my friends declared me the most energetic and interesting guy on the exchange :D

Last night was an amazing night, and hopefully the first in a series of goodtimes. This is going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment