Friday, September 11, 2009

Phase 1 - Infiltration - Complete

Captain's log,
I'm here, I'm really here. I haven't felt this giddy since the first time I moved to Athens.

My plane left Atlanta around 2:00pm. I was fortunate enough to get first class, but unfortunate enough to not sleep at all on the flight. So 15 hours later I land in Tokyo, wearing a 3-piece suit, and carrying around 70lbs of luggage.

The Japanese have these cameras that monitor your temperature as you walk past, to check if you're sick or not, and miraculously I went through with no hassle, despite that I was roasting.

I get a cart and my bags, and waltz through customs. By this point, I'm exhausted and just want to sleep, but I still have to get to my hotel. The flight crews helped me out tremendously, since we were all headed to the same hotel, I just jumped on their bus.

Finally I get here, have little hassle checking in, and finally get my shower. I went down to the lobby to see if there was a restaurant or anything, and find a sports bar. I order some fried calamari, which was delicious, and never before have I been so happy to see Guinness.

It's now about 8:00am, I've been awake for an hour, and now begins my hunt for breakfast. I'll leave you with an image that gave me goosebumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment