Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happiness Abound

Captain's log:

Today was a day of sitting and smiling. I say this because I was registered as an alien and got my cell phone. Registration is necessary for all foreigners who are staying for longer than 6 weeks, and if you wish to get something like a cell phone. I figured since I'm here for a year, I'll buy a phone with a contract, instead of constantly refilling my minutes. Well that involved negotiating a contract. Fun times galore!

Anywho, beyond that, I tried okonomiyaki for the first time, and it was amazing. Seriously kids, try this, it is a kick in the mouth of all 7 flavors of awesome.

I had insight and cultural comparison, but today has been a long day. When you drop yourself into a culture, and force yourself to learn the language, it exhausts you mentally, leaving you physically tired. I've gone to bed super early (by my standards) every night I've been here. I'm beginning to really like it here though.

2 comments:

  1. Gad things are turning around for you man. Glad you like Okonomiyaki, it is one of my favorite foods. Try Hiroshima style if you get the chance, I like it even better than Kansai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I've heard that's pretty awesome. Hiroshima is at the top of my list of places to go, and that's on my list of things to eat, so I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete